The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya is a luxury hotel which sets the standard for hotels in Sanya, Hainan Province, which is widely regarded as “Oriental Hawaii”. Sanya is one of the best tropical seaside resort destinations in the PRC due to its location. The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya is conveniently located within a 25-minute drive from Sanya Phoenix International Airport and yet located in a secluded part of the Yalong Bay, which features a pure white beach with expansive views of the South China Sea. In addition, the Hotel is located near a number of golf clubs, including two golf clubs with championship-level golf courses, the Yalong Bay Golf Club and Sun Valley Golf Club.
The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya has 450 rooms, private villas with 24-hour private butler service and individual plunge pools offering complete privacy. Most of the rooms offer views of the South China Sea while the remaining rooms offer either a mangrove view or lagoon view. Some rooms are equipped with private jacuzzis and direct access to the pool.
Each room seeks to provide luxurious and contemporary accommodation with modern amenities such as five-fixture bathrooms, a TV in every bathroom, on-demand movies and DVD players and complimentary wireless internet access.
Total no of rooms: 450
Banqueting and Meeting Facilities
The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya offers 1,700 sq.m. of flexible space for meetings, conferences and special social events. Equipped with audio-visual equipment and technicians and high-speed internet access, the Hotel also offers Technology Butler services, catering services and event and entertainment planning services to accommodate such events as board meetings, gala events and social celebrations.
The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya’s wide range of banqueting and meeting options includes:
- A ballroom offering 910 sq.m. of meeting space and a business centre with a capacity of up to 900 people in a reception setting, up to 850 people in a theatre layout or up to 550 people in a banquet arrangement. The Ballroom, which is on the third floor, can be divided into four separate rooms ranging from 138 sq.m. to 356 sq.m. and has soundproofed air walls, making it ideal for conferences
- Four meeting rooms on the first floor, each offering 100 sq.m. and a capacity of up to 40 people in a conference setting or up to 100 people in a reception setting. The layout is flexible in that the four rooms may be combined in pairs to produce two large meeting rooms, each providing a total space of 200 sq.m. and a capacity of up to 75 people in a conference setting
- Five meeting rooms on the third floor with sizes ranging from 50 sq.m. to 71 sq.m.. Four of the rooms may be combined in pairs to produce two mid-sized meeting rooms, each providing a total space of 127 sq.m. and a capacity of up to 40 people in a conference setting
- An outdoor oceanfront wedding auditorium
- Outdoor venues including a centre garden and event spaces in front of the main building, poolside and beach, which are ideal for special events
Food and Beverage Facilities
The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya offers a range of food and beverage options, with six restaurants and bars, including:
- Fresh 8, an all-day dining restaurant, which has eight show kitchens each offering freshly prepared dishes from around the world in a vibrant, contemporary setting that focuses on fresh and enticing flavours
- Pearl, which features new Cantonese cuisine and aims to delight both the palate and the senses. Pearl also offers six private dining rooms to enhance the exclusivity of the dining experience
- Sofia, an Italian restaurant, which uses quality ingredients and a traditional cooking technique to create distinctive tastes and aromas and to ensure a truly gastronomic experience
- Sand, an al fresco dining venue located near an idyllic beachfront, which serves fresh seafood and barbecue. Sand also has a bar that offers an alternative venue to relax and enjoy live music performed by a Latin band in the evenings
- Scene, which is located in the heart of the Hotel, offers breathtaking views of the South China Sea and allows guests to indulge in an selection of sweets, snacks and cocktails. Afternoon tea is served daily and a selection of champagnes for any occasion are available. A live band performs in the evenings
- Cube, a bar located in the lagoon pool itself, which serves cool beverages to cater to sunbathers and swimmers lounging poolside. Cube offers delectable snacks throughout the day, with upbeat chill-out music in the evenings
- The ESPA, a 2,788 sq.m. spa, which is one of the largest spas in the Sanya region. In partnership with ESPA, the Hotel offers lavish and relaxing therapies and beauty treatments. Comprised of 18 single treatment rooms and six VIP treatment suites, the spa also has a jade steam room, cool mist showers and outdoor vitality pools with jets. The leisure area includes a relaxation lounge, water features, courtyards, a fitness studio, a kinesis studio, a Chi studio, outdoor brine pools and a lounge
- Four stunning pools, including a beach front pool with an infinity edge, two relaxing lagoon pools and a Ritz Kids pool for children with slides and water sprayers
- Water sports, including boat trips and tours, snorkelling, kayaking, riding on banana boats and catamarans and sea fishing
- Meeting and feeding sea turtles as part of The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya’s work with Sea Turtles 911 to alleviate the pressures that threaten the existence of sea turtles through rescues, rehabilitation as well as raising and releasing them back to their natural habitat
- A spacious fitness studio, which features equipment from Technogym including cardiovascular, resistance, rowing machines and free weights. A separate space provides a dedicated Kinesis Studio. The Hotel also offers personal fitness coaching and classes in Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates in the Chi Studio
- An adults’ program for guests who want to exercise in a natural environment
- Tennis courts with night lights and private tennis lessons
- A beach volleyball and beach football court
- Uncle Martin’s Secret Garden, where children can learn about tropical fruits and vegetables and meet rabbits, newly hatched baby chicks and sea turtles
- The Ritz Kids Club area, which consists of a waterslide, a kid’s pool with shower, an outdoor play area, a “Vegetable Garden” as well as a themed air conditioned kids club
- The Kids’ Passport, which suggests activities for children, awarding them with a specially made diploma upon completion of all of the missions in the Kids’ Passport. The Hotel also offers tailor-made amenities for children and a kids menu in every restaurant
- The Ritz Kids Program, which offers a daily schedule of fun activities for children, including postcard making and sand art for children between the ages of one and six and swimming lessons and beach football for those between the ages of seven and 14
The Ritz-Carlton Club offers additional measures of luxury, such as expansive accommodations, an exclusive 450 sq.m. lounge and balcony with seating for 55 and a dedicated concierge staff.
Jin Mao’s “J-Life” is situated in The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya, which has a leasable area of approximately 667 sq.m., housing a number of flagship stores of renowned brands, including Louis Vuitton, Prada, TOD’S, Paul & Shark, Salvatore Ferragamo and Ermenegildo Zegna as at the Latest Practicable Date. It is regarded as one of the high-end lifestyle hubs in Yalong Bay, Sanya, and contributes to enhancing the overall quality and image of The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya.