The Westin Beijing Chaoyang is a 34-storey luxury hotel located near Sanlitun, the central commercial area of Beijing and home to embassies, corporate headquarters and retail shopping malls. The Hotel forms part of a large multi-functional complex along the Liangma River in Beijing’s business district in the East Third Ring Road of Chaoyang District and offers easy access to the popular Sanlitun entertainment district, the China International Exhibition Centre and Beijing Capital International Airport.
The Westin Beijing Chaoyang offers 550 rooms (including 53 suites), each offering luxurious accommodation and amenities, including floor-to-ceiling windows, luxury bedding and modern amenities such as satellite channels, a well-stocked work area and high-speed internet access.
Total no of rooms: 550
Banqueting and Meeting Facilities
The Westin Beijing Chaoyang’s banqueting and meeting facilities feature the latest in audiovisual technology, high-speed wireless internet connectivity and 5-star culinary service. The two Ballrooms and the boardroom are equipped with built-in projectors and screens with video-conferencing capability. The remaining rooms are adaptable for a variety of purposes.
The Hotel offers event planning services, including arranging stylish transportation for event guests, world-class event catering and custom interior design for special events. The meeting spaces include:
- The Jinmao Ballroom, which offers 700 sq.m. of event space and is capable of accommodating up to 450 guests for a cocktail reception or a banquet. It is lit by modern, circular chandeliers in recessed ceiling squares lined with subtle leaf patterns and adjustable lighting, which adds drama and character to the ambience. It is divisible into three halls, each offering 230 sq.m. of space, which can accommodate up to 160 guests in a reception or banquet setting
- The Chaoyang Ballroom, which offers 180 sq.m. of event space and can accommodate up to 130 guests for a cocktail reception or up to 100 guests for a banquet. It is styled in a similarly luxurious manner as the Jinmao Ballroom, is divisible into two halls, each offering 99 sq.m. of space and is capable of accommodating up to 65 guests for a cocktail party or up to 50 guests for a banquet
- Four function rooms — Earth, Fire, Wood and Water — which range in sizes from 26 sq.m. to 112 sq.m. to provide for more intimate meetings. Three of the function rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning views of Beijing
- A boardroom — Metal — located in the business centre, which is 87.5 sq.m. and is ideal for small boardroom gatherings of up to 16 people
Food and Beverage Facilities
The Westin Beijing Chaoyang offers the following eight restaurants and bars, each offering seasonal menus of culinary delights prepared by world-class chefs:
- Daily Treats, a shop for epicurean delights, serving pre-made sandwiches, tempting cakes, pastries and fresh bread directly from the hotel’s pastry kitchen
- Exchange, the hotel lobby bar and café, is a comfortable meeting place for coffee and tea by day and cocktails and long drinks by night
- Grange Grill, a fine dining steak and seafood grill, is located on the Hotel’s second level with views of the Beijing skyline. Sophisticated and contemporary, the décor is modern and comfortable and diners are treated to the sparkling lights of Beijing viewed through floor-to-ceiling windows, which provide a special kind of living art, whether dining at the main hall or enjoying a drink at the restaurant’s 1920’s style cocktail lounge
- Mai, one of Beijing’s finest Japanese restaurants, offers authentic Japanese cuisine with creative concoctions. Diners can choose from sushi and sashimi, traditional kaiseki ryori or grilled dishes prepared to order on the teppanyaki counter. Mai also offers an exclusive selection of sake and other drinks
- Mix, a stylishly decorated lobby bar and lounge, caters to Central Business District professionals and hotel guests. Mix offers an extensive selection of whiskeys, fine wines and champagnes set to a jazz soundtrack, which is ideal for an after-work meeting or for enjoying a fine cigar in the smoking area
- Seasonal Tastes, a bright and lively all-day restaurant with a variety of cooking stations, offers international cuisine. The restaurant is sleek and welcoming with its open booth-type seating upholstered in white leather and playful white bubble-shaped ceiling lights. It is known for its popular Bubbalicious Sunday Brunch, which especially appeals to families with its numerous food options, including carving stations, an “around-the-pillar” buffet spread and unlimited champagne, cocktails and fresh juices
- Splash, a health bar, is located in the Heavenly Spa by Westin on the Hotel’s fifth floor. Splash serves the adjacent pool area with light and healthy snacks, refreshing tea cocktails and infused drinks
- Zen5es, an elegantly appointed restaurant, specialises in contemporary Cantonese cuisine. Laid out across 11 dining rooms and a series of open kitchens on the Hotel’s fourth floor, Zen5es invites guests to explore the five senses with its five signature dishes and specialties, including dim sum and Beijing duck. The restaurant also features a full bar with a wide selection of fine Chinese liquors
- WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio, a spacious 24-hour gym with floor-to-ceiling windows offering city views and featuring Technogym, fitness and wellness equipment, including stationary cycles, elliptical trainers and balanced weight machines. The facility also provides a separate Kinesis circuit training area, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as fitness classes, including Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates
- Heavenly Spa by Westin, which offers four single and two double treatment suites, decorated in subtle, earthy colours with plush, warm fabrics. The suites feature signature massage beds and are complemented by personal showers and changing areas. The spa offers a menu of therapeutic and pampering treatments as well as specialised body, face, hair and even foot reflexology treatments for men and women
- A 25-metre indoor heated swimming pool
The Westin Executive Club Lounge offers guests of the Executive Club level rooms and suites daily complimentary refreshments. Executive Club guests are invited to relax or hold a meeting in the Executive Club Lounge.
The Westin Beijing Chaoyang had five tenants, including a beauty salon, a yoga studio, a pilates studio, an apparel shop and the office space of a property developer.